1. What is the payment process for the reservation?
The fastest way to guarantee your reservation is to pay the deposit by credit / debit card, using our online payment process. An efficient and reliable method that meets all confidentiality requirements and guarantees maximum transaction security.
There is also the option to pay by bank transfer. The second payment is always made through bank transfer. All payments must be made within the indicated dates.
2. What is the minimum stay?
One full week is the minimum stay with changeover day on a Saturday.
Rentals of more than one week will usually allow for some room for negotiations with the owner depending on the demand for that particular property.
3. Stipulations of the deposit?
The deposit is a mandatory part of the contract and the required amount is specified in the file of each property. This amount will be retained from the customer's card before arrival and for a maximum of 7 days after departure.
Some properties may require a cash deposit.
4. When can the landlord keep the deposit?
When the tenant breaks something in the rental property, they must repair it or bear the cost of repair. If they decide not to do so, the landlord is entitled to deduct it from the deposit, justifying a replacement or repair with the corresponding invoice.
The owner may deduct the deposit in the following cases:
- Damage to the property
- Damage to umbrellas caused by the wind
- Wear of exterior cushions due to leaving them outside during a bad weather
- Significant stains on the walls
- If the tenant leaves the house extremely dirty, the owner can deduct the extra hours required for cleaning.
- If the tenants don’t vacate the property by the time stated and the cleaning staff are delayed, this extra cost will be billed to the client.
- Cost of stained sheets and towels
- If there is a need to empty the pool in the event of finding glass or un-pleasantries.
5. What is the cancellation policy?
Cancellation conditions are specific to each property. Look at the property file of your interest.
6. How do I cancel my reservation?
The cancellation will be effective from the date of receipt in writing and by the person who made the reservation.
7. Can I modify my reservation?
Yes, you can modify the reservation within the same season and for the same property if availability allows it.
However, in the case of shortening the stay, for example, from two weeks to one, the second week will be considered cancelled and the cancellation charges will be applied with the consequent loss of the indicated percentage.
8. What are the check-in and check-out hours?
Check-in is usually at 3pm and check-out at 10am, but may vary depending on the property. The hours are specified in the file of each property.
9. How do I access the home?
Upon confirmation of final payment, you will receive by e-mail the address and GPS coordinates of the accommodation, the instructions for collecting the keys, the entry and exit rules, internet access information and any other useful information. You will also have a contact phone number for any emergency.
10. Does the house include sheets and towels?
Yes, all properties include sheets and bathroom towels. Pool towels are not always included.
11. Do I have to notify if I travel with a baby?
Yes, it is important for us to know so that we can leave the cot at the property. They are also an integral part of the group. We need to know details of all the people so they are covered by the house insurance.
12. Do I have to clean the house?
The cleaning on departure is included in the price you have paid for the house. However, you will have agreed to the terms of the rental contract, which state that you agree to respect the proper use of the property and to keep the property clean and tidy, taking care of the furniture, appliances and equipment. Before leaving the house, the dishes and cutlery must be washed, dried and stored in the right place. The oven, the grill, the BBQ clean and without fat. Any furniture must be returned to its original position. Trash must be emptied daily into public bins. Bedding, towels and upholstery should not have product stains that cannot be removed with normal washing.
13. If I am in the accommodation and something is missing or I discover something is broken or there is an emergency: what should I do?
In these cases it is essential that you immediately contact the emergency number provided by the agency or contact the agency directly so that we have the opportunity to deal with it as soon as possible.
14. How to proceed if I break something in the house?
In the unfortunate event of causing a breakage or damage to the property, please notify us as soon as possible so that we can fix or replace it prior to the arrival of next tenant.
15. Are pets allowed?
They are not allowed under any circumstances unless there is a prior agreement. Non-compliance could be a cause for cancellation of the contract due to non-compliance and without any compensation.
16. Who can assist me if I need help or any information during my stay?
Upon arrival you will receive information about the house and any other useful information. You will also have a contact phone number for any emergency. During the week, you can also call the agency during office hours.
17. Can I drink the tap water?
The island's water, despite being drinkable, is not recommended for drinking or cooking. You can buy 5ltr bottles in all supermarkets. Please make a responsible use of water, do not leave taps running unnecessarily. The islands suffer from drought and some properties are not on mains water.
18. Concierge Services
Engel & Volker’s aim to make your holiday an exceptional experience and are happy to assist you with anything from Car hire, yacht charter, additional cleaning services or perhaps the acquisition of your own private chef during your stay. Regrettably we don’t provide babysitting or childcare services.
For more information, please feel free to contact our friendly team.